The Five Coolest Things at NAB
Last month, Videobred sent a couple of lucky employees to Vegas (oh dear) to attend the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, which is one of the world’s largest electronic media conventions. With over 92,000 people in attendance and 155 countries represented, there’s A LOT of awesome and innovative stuff to see at this show. It was hard to narrow it down, but here are the five coolest things they saw (in no particular order):
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera: This pocket-sized camera shoots 1080HD and records to an SD card, so you can then immediately edit the footage on your lap top-or anywhere- all for $995.
- Phantom Flex 4K: If you have not already familiarized yourself with the Phantom, check out our blog post about it here. The Phantom Flex 4k can do all of things its predecessor can do, except it does it at 4K resolution. It can shoot up to 1,000 frames per second at RAW 4k. It has the potential to be the most powerful camera on the market when it’s released later this year.
- AutoDesk Smoke: This all-in-one program can do pretty much anything (edit, composite, color, audio, animation). And if you are still using other programs, Smoke is designed so that it can integrate well into your workflow if you’re using Avid, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- 4K monitors: The resolution and clarity of these monitors make the picture so clear that it’s like you’re looking at the actual scene through a window.
- Cinema 4D/After Effects integration: With the new versions of these programs, you can drag at 3D project into After Effects and render straight from there. A light version of Cinema 4D is included with newer versions of After Effects.
We hope you get to check out some of this awesome stuff for yourselves!by